Explores the context for work on Muslim perspectives and priority issues for schools. Case study material illustrates the potential for classroom approaches, and web-site and resource references offer further support.
ISBN-10: 0 948838 88 4
Published in partnership with Islamic Relief
- Setting the scene and identifying the challenge
- Why is there a need for work in schools?
- Muslim communities in Britain ... and in the world
- Exploring Islam: the key beliefs and practices
- A role for teachers and schools?
- Citizenship - an opportunity?
- Getting started - Case studies:
- Muslim contributions to the modern world
- Muslim perspectives and the environment
- Investigating the role of the media
Useful articles relating to this resource
West Midlands Commission for global citizenship